The Elders at Little Church:
Elders are chosen by the people. Together with Ministers of the word and sacrament, they exercise leadership, government and discipline and have responsibilities for the life of a particular Church as well as the church at Large. They shall serve faithfully as members of the session.
Elders should be persons of faith, dedication, and good judgment. Their manner of life should be a demonstration of the Christian gospel, both within the church and within the world.
It is the duty of Elders to strengthen and nurture the faith and life of the congregation committed to their charge. Together with the pastor, they should encourage the people in the worship and service of God, equip and renew them for their tasks within the church and for their mission in the world.
Our Elders and their area of responsibility are:
|Carla Pelster||–||Finance & Nominating|
Session meetings are typically on the forth Tuesday of the month.
Minutes of the most recent session meeting follow below.
- We opened with a devotion on Psalm 100 (check it out!), and things for which we are grateful including our friendly and God-loving congregation.
- Soccer Camp was going the same week, out at Four Heroes Elementary. Kids having fun & learning, parents connecting — good stuff. Our Mission/Outreach Ministry will have a booth for interacting with folks and collecting prayer concerns at Lakewood SummerFest on Saturday, July 14th at Fort Steilacoom Park.
- We welcomed nine new members in June: hello and glad-you’re-in-the-family to Franklin Ball, Kacia Fredericks, Adrianne Kleckner, Lizza Lockett, Al Soriano, Jenny Reid, Ryan Reid, Nichole Zuger-Cheney, and Diane Tatham.
- Lakewoodgrace will have its next First-Sunday meal, with a baby shower, after worship on Sunday, July 1st. Come if you’re hungry or like babies — either qualifies you.
- Session approved work to replace and paint sanctuary siding, and to fix the steeple and the roof around it — much needed!
- Plans are in the works for Fall things like the next round of Focus groups.