Our Purpose Statement tells us to: “reflect Christ’s love through our life together, mission and outreach.” The Mission Committee, acting on behalf of the congregation, expresses “Christ’s love” through a number of specific activities.
The Mission portion of the church budget is carefully screened before it is shared with both local community and world-wide organizations. We conduct an annual Plant Sale and a wreath / swag sale in November to supplement the mission budget.
Local Community Missions
• Associated Ministries, Family Renewal Shelter, Fish Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity, Lakewood Police Chaplains, L`Arche Tacoma Hope, Living Access Support Alliance (LASA), Rescue Mission, and Tillicum Community Center.
• Recently, Mission has given support to a local evangelism program “Reality Sports” where Garrett Lordahl is a coach and trainer.
• Moldova – Contact Vasiliy Kaletnik (friend and evangelist minister) in Moldova, one of the poorest countries in the world, welcomes your clothing and financial support.
• Samaritan’s Purse “Operation Christmas Child” – At Christmas time, we coordinate the church’s donations to the children in countries where the gospel is not known.
• Baraka Ministries – Mission provides financial assistance to the Baraka African Ministry for the education and personal well-being of students in their care.
• We promote and the congregation enthusiastically supports two denominational offerings: Christmas Joy and One Great Hour of Sharing.
Member Involvement in Mission
• The Mission Committee is directly responsible for only a small portion of “Mission Activity”. Most Mission involvement takes place quietly, continuously, and with great dedication among every Little Church on the Prairie member.
For more information contact the church office at 253-588-6631 or by email at Office@lcop.ws.
To see photos from our various missions activities click HERE